This course is for learners who have no previous experience as well as those who have some knowledge of working with the medium.
Course aims and content
This course aims to show you what materials and techniques are needed to create a watercolour painting.
During the course learners will have the chance to explore various methods, demonstrations and exercises provided by the tutor and develop their own sense of design, colour, composition and drawing skills.
You will learn:
- Find out what materials and techniques are needed to create a watercolour painting
- Develop composition and drawing skills
- Learn about the difference between various watercolour papers
- Understand the basics of colour mixing.
- Apply washes effectively
- Understand and be able to apply a variety of brush strokes using different techniques
- Create tonal value in a painting
- Develop a personal sense of colour.
During the course learners will be expected to keep a reflective diary, as a fundamental part of the creative process is learning to critique and self-reflect on your work. At the start of the course the tutor will discuss the best way for you to do this.